Sunday 16 April 2017

Beasts Birds and Bugs of Costa Rica

This presentation showcases video (and some still photographs) taken on my 2018 trip to this fabulous country. There are some unique shots of sloths, one mother ans child and another of a rarely seen encounter between two alpha male sloths.
Of course Costa Rica is well know for its bird life. While many will have seen humming birds, (as I have) it was a superb sight to be close to these magnificent birds.



 This talk I am trying to promote to a large audience with the intention of raising money for reforestation at a national reserve at the Esquinas Lodge. This has been done in Austria and hence the name "The Rainforest of the Austrians".
At Esquinas I met Michael Schnitzler a world renowned violist and conservationist. It is he who founded Esquinas and is trying to add more land to the reserve for reforestation. I include in the talk a video about his work.